Anita grew up in rural Indiana and graduated from college at the University of Illinois. She majored in criminal justice and became fascinated with the law. After one year of law school, Anita decided she wanted to start a family, ultimately raising three sons. Though Anita remained fascinated by the law, she decided to become a paralegal instead of an attorney. While working at Gaw Van Male (GVM) she worked almost exclusively for Dave, and the two became an effective team. Highlights of Anita’s background and experience:
- Worked in estate related tax, trust administration, and estate planning for 17 years;
- Worked in a CPA firm for four years preparing estate tax returns, individual returns and trust income tax returns;
- Worked for 7 years in a law firm, which dealt with basic estate planning and trust administration for individuals with both taxable and non-taxable estates;
- Worked in Silicon Valley for almost 4 years, working exclusively with individuals with high net worth taxable estates;
- Moved to Napa in 2017 for a lifestyle change and to work with Dave Gaw, who Anita had taken classes from over the years;
- Anita loves working in this field helping people.