Courtney and her husband, Ryan, are both Napa natives, who married at the end of their junior year of college and moved back to their hometown after graduation. While living in Napa, Courtney decided to follow in her father’s footsteps. Courtney attended law school part-time so that she could raise her oldest child, who was an infant at the time. After a semester of law school, one night, Courtney came home late and realized she was not able to spend enough time with her children while attending law school. Courtney therefore pressed pause on her law school career. She wanted to give her young children the attention they deserved. Once her children were at the right age, she decided to again pursue her legal education. Courtney’s desire is to help people and she believes that estate planning, and particularly elder law, will allow her to do this. Courtney is excited to work alongside her father at their law firm, Gaw Estate Planning.
Highlights of Courtney’s background and experience:
- Scored extremely well on the law school entrance exam;
- Attended one of the top law schools in the country – J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University;
- Participated on the Moot Court team;
- Graduated from law school six months early;
- Admitted to practice in California and Utah;
- Currently working at Gaw Estate Planning.