High End Estate Planning
CPA’s and attorneys, including estate planning attorneys, from all over California refer high end estate planning matters to Dave because of his experience, expertise, and educational presentations. Dave’s extensive experience and the sheer volume of plans he has prepared allows him to offer unique and unparalleled insight and guidance on this type of planning.
In this area we are dealing with a combination of estate, gift, and generation skipping taxes and preserving your legacy from these burdens. Often, this centers around preserving your family business or enterprise. Your CPA, Financial Advisor and basic Estate Planning Attorney are critical team members in this planning and we work together to prepare and file a 709 gift tax return.
Although you may not initially understand the various techniques set forth below, Dave and his team will educate you using visual aids, modeling and other software so that you can make an informed decision concerning your course of action.
Dave has dealt with the owners of many types of family enterprises, such as:
- Agricultural business properties of all types, including fruit, nuts, and rice;
- Cattle and Livestock;
- Complex farming entities;
- Commercial and residential real estate;
- Retail businesses such as auto repair shops and grocery stores.
- National Food Companies;
- National Insurance Companies.
Some of the possible options for this high-end type of planning include:
- Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts (IDGT)
- Conservation Easements
- Charitable Trusts (CLT, CRAT, CRUT)
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts (QPRT)
- Asset Protection Trusts
- Generation Skipping Trusts (GST)
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts (GRAT)
- Life Insurance Trusts (ILIT)
- Annual Exclusion Gift and GST Trusts
- Family Limited Partnerships and LLCs
- Self-Cancelling Installment Notes (SCINs)
- Private Annuities
- “Delaware Tax Trap” Trust