Gaw Estate Planning does not just give “lip service” to caring about our clients like every other firm – our actions show it. We have a collaborative approach with our clients to ensure that you understand and feel comfortable with the legal services we are providing.
- We want you to feel listened to and know that you are a key part of the process;
- We want you to understand your options and choices, your roll, and how your plan works;
- We want you to have a working knowledge of the legal services you will be receiving;
- We want to make sure you do not feel that you are not being spoken down to but rather that you are an equal member of the team;
- We want YOU to make the decisions based on our advice and the education we provide you.
Examples of the possible uses of MindManager:
- MindMap of your Basic Estate Plan – for your review prior to the execution of the preparation of your plan;
- MindMap of assets created at your first meeting and revised thereafter;
- MindMap for brainstorming for Gaw Estate Planning internally and with you;
- Simple illustrations of particular techniques used in High-End Estate Planning presented in an understandable visual format;
- In High-End Planning, MindMap of Multiple Trusts, assets that have been funded into each Trust;
- In High-End Planning, a separate MindMap for each of your Trusts;
- In High-End Planning, we may use a MindMap created at the end of a meeting of tasks to be performed by each team member;
- In Trust Administrations, a MindMap to summarize trusts subject to administration;
Extensive Use of Excel spreadsheets and other software. Examples of possible use:
- Basic Estate Planning
- Asset Lists, Estimated Values, whether assets were funded into the Living Trust or not, and to indicate who is responsible for funding;
- High-End Estate Planning
- Asset value collection;
- Tracking work completed and work still to be done;
- Use of estate planning tools by Brentmark to illustrate use of GRATs and QPRTs.
- Trust Administrations
- To track asset values, size of the estate and division of trust estate for allocation;
- To preparing 706 returns.