Ken grew up in Santa Rosa and after graduating from high school wanted to go someplace new and exotic. He decided to attend college in Miami, Florida, where he was exposed to the law for the first time in a business law course. Although Ken knew someday he would pursue a legal career, he initially used his business degree and subsequent MBA to pursue a career in the commercial airline industry. In 2010 Ken decided to pursue his dream of becoming an attorney as his second career. Ken joined Dave soon after he started Gaw Estate Planning and is excited to be a part of their new law firm.
Highlights of Ken’s background and experience:
- Worked for British Airways in multiple US cities and Singapore in various Sales and Sales Management positions;
- Worked in insurance and financial services for AIG in Singapore and Prudential Financial in Boise, Idaho, as a manager;
- In 2010 entered Law School to pursue his dream of becoming an attorney;
- After graduating from Law School Ken was interested in focusing on Trusts and Estates law, which would allow him to draw from his MBA and business background as well as his financial and insurance industry experience;
- Worked for 3 years with a solo practitioner who focused almost exclusively on Trust and Estate law – Regularly referenced CEB materials written by Dave;
- Joined Gaw Van Male (GVM) and worked almost exclusively with Dave – had a desire to learn high-end estate planning and trust administration;
- After Dave left the firm, Ken jumped at Dave’s offer to continue to work with him at Gaw Estate Planning.